Why depend on the mandrel set and plastic ring sizer when you can try printable ring sizer or the string test to measure the ring size using the ring sizing chart shown below:
Yes! This chart will let you know your ring size without having to spend on mandrel set or ring sizer. How, you ask? Well, we have mentioned the names of the methods above and to practically implement them, read further.
Printable ring sizer:
This method requires you to know the diameter measurement of a ring that fits the fourth finger of the left hand.
- The very first step that you need to take is… get the ring size chart printed.
- When you have the chart with you, place your ring over the circle that you think is close enough to the size of your ring. You will get the size that matches the size of the ring and in case the size of the ring falls between two sizes, go for the larger one.
String ring sizer:
Like the previous method, in this method too you require a printed copy of the ring size chart given, and besides that, a plain piece of string.
- Take a piece of string and wrap it around your ring finger till the point it overlaps the string, and when it does, cut it at that point.
- Now, take this piece of string and line it with the ring size guide as given on the chart. The size on the sheet that matches the size of your string is your ring size. Again, if the size of the ring lies between two sizes, it’s better to go for the larger ring size.
Stating these two methods, we would also like to tell you that printable ring sizer is not a professional measurement and accuracy discrepancies may occur owing to various reasons, printer settings and stretch of the string being two of them. So, it’s better to consult a professional jeweller if you have doubts.
Well, this was just an idea that could help you get your ring size but we have also listed down some easy-peasy ring sizing tips, so go ahead, read and try it:
- Choose snug fit – The size of the ring should be such that it should ‘slip in easily, come off hard’. If you follow this rule, you are less likely to lose it owing to the fitting.
- Seasons affect your ring size – It might be surprising for many of you, but it is a fact that your fingers change their size all the year round. Yes! They do and specially during summers and winters. While they swell up in summers, they come back to what can be called as the original size, in winters.
- Choose a size larger – Some may discover two different finger measurements or may notice how the same ring fits differently from time to time, if this is the case, go for the size that’s a bit larger or go for professional measurements. But remember, the size has to be only ‘Bit’ larger and not more.
We have only told you about the ring size in this blog, you still need to figure out what style you want to go for. If you have the ring of your choice in your mind, you can simply explore our website and approach the jeweller whose collection you like. If you are not sure of the ring type/style, then also our jewellers’ collection is likely to impress you. So, in the end, we would only like to say, Happy shopping!